Welcome to our In the Media page - Recent featuring links to online content associated with LYR Trust rolling stock
Here is a selection of 3 features on Youtube from Ken Baker as PennySteam covering use of our carriages in Summer 2012:
There is a very wide range of features on Youtube covering the October 2012 Steam Gala featuring our carriages with 957 and 1300 amongst other locos, those listed below are good quality and/or atmospheric footage:
· acw71000, between 7 and 11 minutes - click here
· alansvids1, at the start and from 7 minutes click here
· bobnweaver, from 8 minutes - click here
· rab4472, the first 6 minutes and from 10 to 12 minutes - click here
· Mick Hemingway (recentley added) throughout the 8 minutes - click here.
Videos on Youtube from the March 2013 Steam Gala:
There are many videos on Youtube of the Worth Valley Autumn Steam Spectacular on 11/12/13 October 2013, most include carriage 47 in service but a few stand out from the rest:
Network Rail have issued a short video on Youtube covering the closure of Manchester Victoria over Xmas 2013 in preparation for electrification click here
Video of Vintage Trains on June 23 2013 by Ken Baker as pennysteam on Youtube, our carriages feature between 12 and 18 minutes, then from 27 minutes to end click here
There are quite a few videos of the March 2013 Steam Gala, most of which show Club Carriage 47 passing in trains and a few which cover the other two carriages in use on the Keighley to Ingrow shuttle. Three of these can now be found on our Downloads page but see a selection below:
The 2014 Vintage Trains started on June 22, click here for an 8 minute Youtube video by GWRDec (Declan Hargreaves) in which our carriages appear regularly, together with appearances of WD 90733 with excellent clanking! The Worth Valley substituted a BR Standard SLO for the planned Brake due to vandalism to the Brake.
· Phil Whiteheac, 5 minutes which opens with 47 passing through click here
· jamesandpeter, first 4 minutes of total 8 click here
· sayfilmproductions, a 4 minute trailer featuring carriages in first 2 minutes click here
· acw71000, 13 minutes, best between 4 and 7 minutes click here
The Vintage Trains on June 29 2014 were filmed by Ken Baker as pennysteam on Youtube and his 25 minute production features our carriages at 8 minutes, 16 minutes and from 22 minutes to the end, click here.
A short Youtube video by SAYFILMPRODUCTIONS covering the Vintage Trains on July 20 2014 features our carriages through much of the 3.5 minutes, click here
The Coal Tank 125 celebration at Worth Valley on October 19-20 2013 featured all our carriages. Ken Baker as pennysteam has published a 28-minute Youtube video with our carriages from from 7 minutes in, click here